There are tons of tools out there for you as a small business owner to market your business without spending money. The one thing you need to remember is that this is usually a trade off for time. The less money you spend typically results in more time spent so make sure to use a cost/benefit analysis before you decide it’s cheaper to do it all yourself. That being said, here are some tips to market your small business without spending money.
No matter what business you are in you should always be building your email marketing list. Email marketing has one of the Highest ROI and conversion rates so it is essential to small business. Use a free service to start and upgrade when the email list becomes profitable.
Blogging is the cornerstone of Content Marketing. There are many blogging sites you can use for free. Create your own unique content and publish it yourself and you won’t have to spend a dime.
Use social media platforms to reach your potential audience. Make sure to use only the Social Media channels that make sense for your business and the ones your target audience uses. Don’t waste time on Social Media Channels that don’t make sense. Here is a quick Guide for where your efforts should be.
- Facebook – Best for B2C Products
- Twitter – Good for B2B
- Instagram – Great for visual products
- Google+ – If your customers prefer this platform
- LinkedIn – Excellent for B2B
- Pinterest – Another fantastic option for highly visual products and services
- Tumblr – Short attention span theater
- Flickr – Another visual option
- Quora – Great for finding B2B leads and establishing thought leadership
- Meetup.com – Use this for local marketing
The number one way to get the word out about your business is Networking. It reaches fewer people but has the potential to create a richer client list. People buy from people they trust. Networking builds trust.